Never underestimate the power of a well-appointed living room. Since living rooms are the centre of the family life where you receive and entertain guests, it’s important to prioritize their overall design. This is where you also enjoy family movie moments, unwind with a good book or even help your kids tackle their homework, so it only makes sense to adorn your living room with comfortable sofas, soothing colour scheme and put your personal style on full display.
Whether your goal is to simply refresh your living room for the season or completely revamp it, you’re bound to find the perfect design ideas in this article.
Buy Inviting Pillows and Sofa
Throw pillows are the easiest way to freshen up the living room. Introducing a new colour, print or shape with a throw pillow can make the whole space feel new again.
Invest in your couch, design your living room with rugs that will lighten up the place. Lifestyle is also a consideration, when choosing the right type of furniture as it will determine how much use the piece will receive, and in turn, the best colour family and fabric. The right type of sofa can make or break your living room. For instance, something like white mohair wouldn’t work well with sticky children’s hands and muddy paws from pets.
Touch Up The Wall
Another best way to design your small living room is to have fun colors. Although you don’t want to make your living room look chaotic, you should stick to one color. For a graphic statement, colour-block your wall. You might also want to rethink your gallery wall by adding antique frames or pictures.
Colour Ideas to Use
- Creamy White: You can decide to go for any shade of white but a creamy white gives your living room a classic look and creates a cozy living environment.
- Mustard Yelllow: Brighten up your living room with any shade of yellow and add a peaceful glow to your space.
- Moddy Green: Mixing moody green paint into your living room gives an elegant feeling.
- Shades of Gray: You can either go for a lighter shade of gray or dark shade to tone up your living room.
- Soft Blue: If you want to make your living room look relaxing, you can go for a soft blue to warm up your space.
- Tangerine: Tangerine is a shade of orange. You could go for a warm tangerine or blood orange and pumpkin to colour your living room.
- Rich Red: This colour is perfect if you intend to make a statement. If you are not comfortable with having an entirely red room, you could go for a warm hint of red.
Make Use of Appropriate Lightening
Adding the right lightening to your living room can make all the difference. There’re bright lights, and dim lights, and hanging lights, and wall lights, and chandelier lights, and LED lights; there are so many lights.
The living room is made for entertainment or relaxation. With that being said, you’ll want to be able to have access to bright light if needed, but you won’t want to use the bright light all the time. Here, floor lamps, table lamps, and sconces will be your best friends.
Dimmer switches are also great for living rooms; that way, you can put the bright light on and dim it according to the mood of the room.