Real estate can be a very profitable business and can sometimes be tricky. For this reason, it is pivotal to ensure you acquire adequate knowledge once you have decided to invest in real estate. Real estate investing is an ever-evolving industry, and so many people struggle with it. The first step is to prepare your mind and habits for success. You will also require adequate real estate education to assist you along the way.
The importance of personal development by reading can never be overemphasized. An investment in oneself, they say, is the best form of investment you will ever find. Real estate investing is an ever-evolving industry.
The issue sometimes is that beginner investors do not know where to begin or which books to pick up first. What books do investors recommend? Well, we have put together a list of five books that could assist you on your investment journey.
1. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller: This book is a very practical book that emphasizes that the first step to building wealth is to learn and understand the foundational truths and models that drive financial wealth. This real estate investment book is very motivational. It gets you excited about the possibilities of investing and gets you to want to rush out and get started. It covers all the basic information for people who are just starting on their financial journeys.
2. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner: This book on rental property investing provides detailed advice and strategies that the author had learned for years through acquiring wealth through rental properties. This book teaches a realistic plan to help you find profitable deals and finance your rentals.
3. Getting the Money: The Simple System for Getting Private Money for Your Real Estate Deals by Susan Lassiter-Lyons: Real estate investing has been proven to build wealth when done right. But it is hard to get the money to get started on your own. Not many people have enough spare money to buy a second property without borrowing some or all of it.
Getting the Money provides the reader with the clear framework needed to raise the private capital needed for real estate. This inspiring property financing book talks about the author’s first-hand experience in using creativity and a genuine personality to raise millions of dollars for investing in real estate.
4. The Complete Guide to Real Estate Finance for Investment Properties: This practical guide provides investors with the necessary tools to make educated decisions to gauge the potential worth of investment properties. This is a great read for both seasoned real estate investors and those who are just getting into the business.
Written as a straightforward guide, Berges carefully walks readers through each stage of analyzing properties for their potential value.
5. Real Estate Investing Gone Bad: 21 True Stories of What NOT to Do When Investing in Real Estate and Flipping Houses by Phil Pustejovsky: This book is great for people who are looking to flip houses, as well as those who are investing in long-term real estate.
Unlike the other real estate investment books that paint property as something that gives you complete control over your investment, this book faces the reality of the mistakes people often make that end up costing them a lot of time and money.
This is an ideal read for people who are just getting into real estate, as it is important to realize there are dangers to going with the potential profits.